What I know:
- WoW is awash with cheap snowfall ink
- At least one reputation is disappearing come Cata, making Insane harder.
- Many new levelling toons (Worgen/Goblin)
- There are not a lot of trinkets for levelling toons
- Raiding toons have BOP options for trinkets that levelling toons do not.
- The emphasis will move from finishing raids, Insane, miscellaneous achievements to levelling and the new dungeons and raids when Cata hits.
- Most high end 80 raiding gear will be replaced by about level 83 questing greens.
- There will be a soft 'gold' reset in Cataclysm. The repair bills in Cata for premade starter gear is about 500g to repair red armor. (This topic alone deserves a series of post from different authors)
- People wanting to be Insane the main are purchasers of Snowfall, and the main providers of Darkmoon cards.
- Darkmoon cards are being dumped below cost. I have not done the sums with the new prices, but my recollection of crafting costs for cards (even with cheap snowfall) made them much more expensive.
- Trinkets won't be replaced by questing. This is the least researched of my 'thinks'.
When the emphasis moves from raiding to levelling, I expect a bigger market for trinkets with a much smaller supply. This, combined with a general devauling of gold (size of which is to be determined), means I will be stockpiling cheap trinkets for Cata.