30 December 2010

1500 Cinderbloom milled

On vent, there have been some discussion about what Cinderbloom mills into, with some speculation that drop rates may have changed.  So today, I milled 1500 of them, converting them into ink.  I now have cramped fingers and some real numbers.

The macro I used for milling is
/cast milling
/use cinderbloom

So the final results are available on my milling spreadsheet on the CinderbloomTest page, with
  • 65 Burning Ember (becoming 32.5 Inferno Inks)
  • 751 Ashen Pigments (becoming 375.5 Blackfallow Inks)
This gives 0.216 Burning Embers/ 5 herbs, vs an expected 0.25.
And 2.5 Ashen pigment/5 herbs, being the expected amount.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post! 75 stacks, I hope you didn't farm them yourself... =)

    But I agree that at some point they did change the "droprate" from milling since the start of Cata. I believe that happened a few weeks back.

    I am seeing that the top end herbs (twilight, whiptail, and heartblossom) are very close on the ashen, but you gain 1-2 burning embers per stack milled (which is worth it, due to Inferno's holding steady at 220ish each) Are you getting the same rate on the senior herbs?

    ALTOs Gold"ish" Advice- The Worst WoW Blog Ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only farming I did was from that nice little building in the Stormwind Dwarven District, immediately opposite the bank.

    I have not conciously tracked the milling of better cata herbs. From what I have seen it is consistent with Auctioneers value 2 embers ber 20 stack of twilight jasmine.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the blog mostly being inactive and the only comments recently being anonymous spam; I have restricted comments to "Registered Users"; hat includes anything google recognises as an account (google, openId, wordpress etc). I am still (mostly) active on foo-eve.blogspot.com

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

Disagreements are welcome - especially on speculative posts. I love a great disagreement.

I have a comment moderation policy (see the pages at the top)