What I am doing now

You are most likely here because you enjoy crafting. I have been reading up on some of the WoW issues regarding gold making, which make me realize that WoW is not the game for me.

If you want to play a game where gathering and crafting is the cornerstone of the economy, and are not faint of heart, I recommend EVE Online. EVE even has releases purely to support industry. You can play for free if you are good enough manufacturer or trader.

Be the builder in a villainous world.

My journey can be seen at http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au

For a 21 day free trial, click here (Disclaimer: I do get a bonus if you become a paid subscriber)

30 December 2010

1500 Cinderbloom milled

On vent, there have been some discussion about what Cinderbloom mills into, with some speculation that drop rates may have changed.  So today, I milled 1500 of them, converting them into ink.  I now have cramped fingers and some real numbers.

The macro I used for milling is
/cast milling
/use cinderbloom

So the final results are available on my milling spreadsheet on the CinderbloomTest page, with
  • 65 Burning Ember (becoming 32.5 Inferno Inks)
  • 751 Ashen Pigments (becoming 375.5 Blackfallow Inks)
This gives 0.216 Burning Embers/ 5 herbs, vs an expected 0.25.
And 2.5 Ashen pigment/5 herbs, being the expected amount.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post! 75 stacks, I hope you didn't farm them yourself... =)

    But I agree that at some point they did change the "droprate" from milling since the start of Cata. I believe that happened a few weeks back.

    I am seeing that the top end herbs (twilight, whiptail, and heartblossom) are very close on the ashen, but you gain 1-2 burning embers per stack milled (which is worth it, due to Inferno's holding steady at 220ish each) Are you getting the same rate on the senior herbs?

    ALTOs Gold"ish" Advice- The Worst WoW Blog Ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only farming I did was from that nice little building in the Stormwind Dwarven District, immediately opposite the bank.

    I have not conciously tracked the milling of better cata herbs. From what I have seen it is consistent with Auctioneers value 2 embers ber 20 stack of twilight jasmine.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the blog mostly being inactive and the only comments recently being anonymous spam; I have restricted comments to "Registered Users"; hat includes anything google recognises as an account (google, openId, wordpress etc). I am still (mostly) active on foo-eve.blogspot.com

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

Disagreements are welcome - especially on speculative posts. I love a great disagreement.

I have a comment moderation policy (see the pages at the top)