What I am doing now

You are most likely here because you enjoy crafting. I have been reading up on some of the WoW issues regarding gold making, which make me realize that WoW is not the game for me.

If you want to play a game where gathering and crafting is the cornerstone of the economy, and are not faint of heart, I recommend EVE Online. EVE even has releases purely to support industry. You can play for free if you are good enough manufacturer or trader.

Be the builder in a villainous world.

My journey can be seen at http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au

For a 21 day free trial, click here (Disclaimer: I do get a bonus if you become a paid subscriber)

01 October 2010

Real ID by stealth

Blizzard has just released Real ID 'upgrades', defaulting players to have Real ID active.

For the record, while Blizzard insists on linking real life names and email accounts to Real ID, I will not be using it. By default, your account is protected by two items : your email account and your password. Blizzard implementing by defailt Friends of friends means there will be many more accounts hacked.

I have just disabled Real ID. You do this by logging into your battlenet account. For US based players, the link is https://us.battle.net/account/management/settings/change-communication.html

I find that (WoW Interface) Friends with Benefits is a great way to track friends on multiple alts.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Foo, for the heads up and the simple pointers for turning Real ID off. I'd really prefer Real ID remain an opt in feature, but at least there's still a way to opt out.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the blog mostly being inactive and the only comments recently being anonymous spam; I have restricted comments to "Registered Users"; hat includes anything google recognises as an account (google, openId, wordpress etc). I am still (mostly) active on foo-eve.blogspot.com

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

Disagreements are welcome - especially on speculative posts. I love a great disagreement.

I have a comment moderation policy (see the pages at the top)