Historically, I have run with a rotating cast of casuals. We had downed the first boss of every raid, but didn't progress much further.
I want to see more bosses. I care less than most about purple shinies. I have gold. I am too casual for a raiding guild. I talk about gold too much for a social guild.
Gold bid runs are a solution. (i.e. instead of /roll or arbitrary prioritisation system, you bid on loot). It is good for wealthy casuals - we see bosses and possibly loot. It is good for the rest - they get gold (and possibly bosses
As a pot:
- 2000 g guaranteed pool per boss downed.
- Loot can be claimed at first breaks after 10pm & 11:30pm server.
- 200g guaranteed to each tank or healer active @ 10pm server.
- 300g guaranteed to each tank or healer active @ 11:30pm server.
- No minimum bid. (That said, if I am providing a guaranteed pot, I will likely do so via a bid even if I end up vendoring something.)
- You have the gear to queue for heroics.
- You are gemmed and enchanted. (I will use Bimbo to check)
- I have a published raid ettiquette. You don't need to read it, but you will be bound by it.
- You have vent and will at least listen in.
If this interests you, please in-game mail Foofixit on Alliance Caelestrasz, or leave a comment.
PS. As my preffered writer has declined, I will address two items in upcoming articles
- Self censorship
- 'that deep undercut comment'.