In response to a recent comment. I will illustrate my methods to combat this.
First of all, learn everything for your chosen profession. The harder the recipee is to get, the greater the chances it will be profitable. Your camper may not have the time to learn these recipees.
- For jewelcrafters, this includes dalaran JC dailies as well as Stormwind/Origmar dailies.
- For scribes, do your research (minor and major), and pick up books of glyph mastery (though they may become somewhat redundant later - with research also being able to do this too).
- Bored enchanter's should organise older content to pickup patterns - either for maxing out low level pvp toons, BOA enchants, or just cater to the low level rich player.
- Bored leather workers, tailors and blacksmiths should also consider farming older content for the patterns that look 'cool' for transmogrification. Caveat Emptor : I have no idea what 'cool' would look like.
- Engineers should get pet recipees.
Post when your camper is AFK. My Horde glyph camper has this posting activity (from http://theunderminejournal.com/seller.php?realm=H-Caelestrasz&seller=Massterbank)
I respond with this posting activity (from http://theunderminejournal.com/seller.php?realm=H-Caelestrasz&seller=Foostrait)
I suspect that Massterbank's overall earnings are higher than mine. However, I have a much greater gold/hour than he does. There is absolutly zero value in 1c undercutting Massterbank when he is online. He is prepared to outwait you.
If all the above don't work or are undesireable, look at cost based options option of dealing with campers.
Learn exactly how much it costs you to make something (gems, glyphs, belt buckles, pets - whatever). Work out how little you are prepared to sell something for above costs. This is your threshold.
Will your camper buy out your auctions if you post at your threshold? Then sell away. He may build a stockpile, but you are making gold (i.e. you are above your cost). Easy sales. I have several times had competition buy out my glyphs. I then sent a note thanking them for their support, posted more on the AH, and asked them how many more they wanted COD? Apparently this is demoralising for a wannabe monopolist.
Will your camper undercut you anyway? Then sell a 48 hour 'wall'. You are not making any sales as he continues to undercut you. However, you are making his life hell. There are still levelling toons posting things below cost - taking away his sales. You are not allowing him to make a huge profit. Your time commitment is picking up mail every 2 days and reposting (i.e. blessed all). His is crafting, posting, ah fees, and doing this for less than questing gold/hour with a huge time commitment. All it requires is patience, and the willingness to 'destroy the market' (buyers still think its great).
It may take a month or two to drive off a particularly determined camper. That's OK. I am developing other markets while he is grinding for no reward.