What I am doing now

You are most likely here because you enjoy crafting. I have been reading up on some of the WoW issues regarding gold making, which make me realize that WoW is not the game for me.

If you want to play a game where gathering and crafting is the cornerstone of the economy, and are not faint of heart, I recommend EVE Online. EVE even has releases purely to support industry. You can play for free if you are good enough manufacturer or trader.

Be the builder in a villainous world.

My journey can be seen at http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au

For a 21 day free trial, click here (Disclaimer: I do get a bonus if you become a paid subscriber)

18 August 2011

Transmogrification an opportunity for profit.

Transmogrification is all the rage on the blue forum trackers (sites that track posts of official blizzard representatives)

I'm a packrat.  I like the idea of somewhere to store that armor that I'm likely to never use (eg PVP, DPS). 
I won't be changing the look of my gear (maybe with the exception of rediculous plate shoulders), but many others will be.

This means a market for unusual (i.e. old) armour and weapons, as cosmetically oriented players 'gotta catch em all', both in terms of crafted goods as well as paterns.  Tailors, Leatherworkers and Blacksmiths with old rare patterns - rejoice.  Gather your mats of the AH now while the are cheap.  When this goes live, make your goods, and maybe even get your social guildy to dance around in Stormwind/Origmar with the 'retro' look.

1 comment:

  1. I was considering the reaction to transmog too. Recently bought some new tier plate shoulders for 20k and was just going to relist and sell for about 7k more. But with the news of the xmog I begin to think about the shoulders being the most visible piece. I think that maybe people will not care so much about upgrading gear anymore. If a player who is worried about looks performs okay without the shoulders and can just xmog a good look without spending alot of money on something like those new tier shoulders.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the blog mostly being inactive and the only comments recently being anonymous spam; I have restricted comments to "Registered Users"; hat includes anything google recognises as an account (google, openId, wordpress etc). I am still (mostly) active on foo-eve.blogspot.com

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

Disagreements are welcome - especially on speculative posts. I love a great disagreement.

I have a comment moderation policy (see the pages at the top)