What I am doing now

You are most likely here because you enjoy crafting. I have been reading up on some of the WoW issues regarding gold making, which make me realize that WoW is not the game for me.

If you want to play a game where gathering and crafting is the cornerstone of the economy, and are not faint of heart, I recommend EVE Online. EVE even has releases purely to support industry. You can play for free if you are good enough manufacturer or trader.

Be the builder in a villainous world.

My journey can be seen at http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au

For a 21 day free trial, click here (Disclaimer: I do get a bonus if you become a paid subscriber)

31 January 2011

Don't tell me - I don't want to know

An otherwise nameless blogging guild member recently fished up Mr Pinchy's Magical Crawdad Box.

Congratulations.

I would like this achievement, but want to psyche myself up to it.  From El's Angling, "On average, just two out of a thousand catches will be Mr. Pinchy. Since you'll struggle to get more than 50 catches an hour, expect to invest a lot of time to catch this."

So - this achievement is scheduled for a very slow day.  I have toons to level to 85 before I even start on it, because on average it will take 10 hours of fishing.

So, I am comforted in knowing that while the rotten scoundrel guild member got what I want, he took hours to fish it up. But then this exchange over guild chat:
Guild member : "Do you know how many casts it took me?"
chorus : No?
Guild member : 7. 

I don't want to know.   I just don't.

Sob sob

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, I've been hated too. I got a Tiny Emerald Whelpling within minutes of entering Feralas for the first time. Guildies screamed.

    And my DK got the Horseman's Mount in one of his first couple of tries. Meanwhile my Mount and Pet collecting toon can't farm either one to save his ass.

    Hurts, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to have gotten a lot easier according to forum posts on El's site, which I've been following for a couple of years (I'm Pipre there). I've personally caught three on alts in under 4 hours, so this seems fair enough. If the rate has changed it would take a VERY long time for it to show on WoWHead or El's simply because no one fishes there anymore.

    Give it a try, the fish sell, and you have a chance of getting the two ultra-rare drops necessary for the Limnologist from the same pools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this around 6 months ago. Took about 4 hours all up in two sittings.
    I too read somewhere the drop rate had increased back in a 3.x patch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Foo - just a correction. I was going for the 'Outland Angler' achievement. The last school I needed was Highland Mixed School, so I got that achievement on the first cast. Mr Pinchy was pulled up on the 3rd cast, not the 7th. I was fortunate enough to get the pet on the first use of the item, so I still have two uses left. I wonder what I'll get this time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. In regard to the immediate prevoius comment. 3 Wise Monkeys. I see nothing. I hear nothing. I know nothing.

    Cow

    ReplyDelete

Due to the blog mostly being inactive and the only comments recently being anonymous spam; I have restricted comments to "Registered Users"; hat includes anything google recognises as an account (google, openId, wordpress etc). I am still (mostly) active on foo-eve.blogspot.com

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

Disagreements are welcome - especially on speculative posts. I love a great disagreement.

I have a comment moderation policy (see the pages at the top)