I keep finding excuses to delay doing Heroics. I don't have time during the week, and had been running Glory of Ulduar on Saturday nights. There is never a healer on. I won't do Raids till I complete the heroics. Excuses galore.
(Safe for work, but maybe not for your ego) Read more
- "Heroics are too easy." : Buy Cata already.
- "Healers never go OOM." : Buy Cata already.
- "There are not enough dungeons." : Go complete the ones you have skipped
- "Heroics are too hard." Run normal dungeons or go do some dailies.
- "Dungeons are too hard." Stop being a whiner, and gem & enchant that gear you slacker. Buy some food, potions and elixirs.
- "Healing everyone is too hard." Let fire dancing monkeys die.
- "I hate Stonecore." Choose your instance dammit. You got it because you chose 'Random' and its the only instance you have discovered.
- "Instances are too long." Go run Vortex Pinacle - it has 3 bosses. Learn how to choose an instance
- "This dungeon is too long." Stay as long as you want then just bail.
- "Instances are too short." Run Grim Batol. - It has a bazillion bosses. Learn how to choose an instance
- "My queue is too long." You are a DPS and we just dont need you. Roll a tank. Roll a healer. Either that or suck up to a tank or healer and queue with them.
- "I wanna pwn recount." You are a DPS and we dont like you. Learn how to Crowd Control.
- "I want my easy badges/points." Grow up. You might have to work for these things now.
I have successfully tanked 3 Heroics and all the Cata normal dungeons. I have healed 3 normal instances (the first one was barely acceptable, the next two were fine). My healer is now 'geared' for Heroics - with only a couple of PVP pieces. Both my tank and healer are gemmed, enchanted, and are using 2 * tradeskill profession bonuses.
My goal for this week is to stop being a slacker. I can't run heroics during the day, or even every night - real life interferes. But by this time next week, I intend to tank or heal at least 3 heroics. Failing, skipping optional bosses, or even not completing them are options. Not completing them is an option. Not stepping into them - well that is just me being slack.