What I am doing now

You are most likely here because you enjoy crafting. I have been reading up on some of the WoW issues regarding gold making, which make me realize that WoW is not the game for me.

If you want to play a game where gathering and crafting is the cornerstone of the economy, and are not faint of heart, I recommend EVE Online. EVE even has releases purely to support industry. You can play for free if you are good enough manufacturer or trader.

Be the builder in a villainous world.

My journey can be seen at http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au

For a 21 day free trial, click here (Disclaimer: I do get a bonus if you become a paid subscriber)

05 January 2011

1500 Twilight Jasmine milled

TL:DR 0.5 Burning Embers/5 Twilight Jasmine; 3 Ashen pigment/5 Twilight Jasmine - just like auctioneer said.

I milled these herbs in a controlled manner because (a) some were interested , and (b) another guildy though the numbers seemed higher.  I also want to know what my costs are.

I stockpiled 1500 Twilight Jasmine (had to grab some off the horde AH), and milled them, with the results on my milling spreadsheet.  This is very similar to what I did with cinderbloom.  Results are what Auctioneer suggested.
  • 164 burning embers becoming 82 inferno inks
  • 916 ashen pigment becoming 458 blackfallow inks 
 This gives 0.548 burning embers/ 5 herbs (vs an expected 0.5), and 3.05 Ashen pigment/5 herbs (vs an expected 3.0)

2 comments:

  1. Question Foo
    By the way thank you for the two post on milling. Do you know of a way I can do something like this but with ore? Thanks for your dedication Big Fan

    ReplyDelete
  2. @anonymous

    Pick the ore you want to prospect (obsidium ore or elementium ore), buy lots.

    Use your jewelcrafter (or hire one), empty your bags of most things (apart from the ore) and set up a macro:
    /cast prospecting
    /use obsidium ore

    (or
    /cast prospecting
    /use elementium ore
    )

    You can then bind this macro to a hotkey or button press.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the blog mostly being inactive and the only comments recently being anonymous spam; I have restricted comments to "Registered Users"; hat includes anything google recognises as an account (google, openId, wordpress etc). I am still (mostly) active on foo-eve.blogspot.com

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

Disagreements are welcome - especially on speculative posts. I love a great disagreement.

I have a comment moderation policy (see the pages at the top)