Last week, posting 8 times on each of 3 toons with 3g60-4g20 prices. 3072g in sales. Sold 800 glyphs, with 1300g profit. Drove out many competitors, but made mistakes.
This week, I will sell at 3g-24g, 5g undercut.
The longer version
This post is a bit of ramble. I am using in part to try to organise how I post glyphs, and to give an insight into my very untidy mind. I can write better than this, but meh.
During the last week, my posting strategy (using QA3) was :
- Post 3, 48 hours, no cancelling
- Undercut 50s
- Threshold 3g60s (10% price gap)
- Fallback 4g20s (no auto fallback)
- Posted and collected mail 8 times
My sales values (according to Auditor: Mail + AH) have been are:
|Toon||Glyph types||Gold Gained|
|Foobarfoo||Paladin, Rogue, Priest, 1/3 Hunter||1176g|
|Foosglypha||Death Knight, Hunter, Mage, 1/3 Hunter||948g|
|Foosglyphb||Shaman, Warlock, Warrior, 1/3 Hunter||948g|
I sold out on some glyphs. Even worse, on one of the glyphs I sold out on, I had some in my bank. Selling out on glyphs is bad. It defeats the strategy I am trying to use (cap profits for others), and just ends up with me loosing gold. I will need to restock midweek.
Using Skillet and Kev's Key tool, I am recrafting sold glyphs, with /ktq queue 10 glyphs (three times). This means that if I am sold out, I will craft 30 of that type; If I have 5 I will craft 15; and if I have 10 or more, will craft 0.
I will consume:
I don't think it's free just becuase I farmed it. The same goes for milling. I consider that the cost difference between raw herbs and milled inks to be what you get for milling inks rather than making glyphs. The prices above are roughly what I would buy for, or the cost of converting IOTS via Jessica. I could sell inks at these prices, though maybe not in the quantities I trade.
In approximate terms I sold 810 glyphs and will craft 670 (1 ink + 1 parchment make 1 glyph), for an average cost of 1.86g each, highest cost 2.15g each.
It takes me about 4 seconds to craft a glyph, (3 seconds + lag + distractions) to work out at about 1/2 hour of crafting.
Other changes. I have put all of my glyph toons in the same guild. Foofixit (my glyph maker) doesnt run much, and most players who know me know how to find me.
Goals for this week:
- Track actual number of glyphs listed, using auditor's numbers at 1s per listed glyphs.
- Track how long it takes to cycle through the posting toons
- Sell a smaller number of glyphs at a higher profit
- Only have 60 pages of glyphs on the AH
- I want a quick measure of what I am listing. If it's too hard, I am not doing it
- I want better stats on how long I am spending on glyphs
- I want Breevok's gold/hour
- I want to cap the number of competitors on the AH. Number of pages is a good estimate of how serious the competition is.