When 4.0 hits:
- 4.0 is coming soon now.
- Some glyphs types will be destroyed. Players will also be able to learn more glyphs.
- Some stats will be removed, others (mastery) will be added. I think this means that some gems will need to be replaced
- We will all feel like newbies for a couple of weeks, and will be reaching for extra crutches (Flasks, feasts, drinks, scrolls, drums)
- Many players will reroll, and level toons 1-5 for the new starting area quests (Gnomes and Trolls?)
- You will be able to have both herb and mining nodes on your minimap
- You will be able to get XP for gathering and mining (some also skinning, but I am not sure)
- A huge rush to get those alts to level 80
- Achievement bonuses for being in a large guild.
- Cataclysm will hit a few weeks after patch 4.0. No one knows, but early to mid November is a good guess.
- Alts will be abandoned during the rush to 85, unless they are already level 80
- New dungeon difficulty is increasing.
- Many new Worgen or Goblin re-rolls.
- Many of these re-rolls will take two gathering professions for the XP bonus
For now, I am stockpiling cheap trade goods needed for levelling professions, for sale at a later point (i.e. < 50% of auctioneer average price, where there are *lots* for sale).
Keep an eye out for guild banks being sold. Many players are leaving WoW, and intend to join larger guilds come Cata. I have just bought my