What I am doing now

You are most likely here because you enjoy crafting. I have been reading up on some of the WoW issues regarding gold making, which make me realize that WoW is not the game for me.

If you want to play a game where gathering and crafting is the cornerstone of the economy, and are not faint of heart, I recommend EVE Online. EVE even has releases purely to support industry. You can play for free if you are good enough manufacturer or trader.

Be the builder in a villainous world.

My journey can be seen at http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au

For a 21 day free trial, click here (Disclaimer: I do get a bonus if you become a paid subscriber)

06 August 2010

Mail from blizzard on World of Warcraft - Real ID and Forum Changes

My response to Blizzard
Thank you for reversing your stance on real names on the WOW forums.  I have since renewed both my son's and my personal accounts.
Also, thank you for allowing me to opt out of Friends of Friends.  However, it is still not enough for me to use real id in games.  In Wow, on blogs, and in vent I am known as Foo.  (Almost) no one in game knows me as Unknown.  Untill I am able to choose an alias (I would accept toon name + guild + server), I do not intend to use real id in game.
This is unfortunate as we have many alts, and using friends lists to keep track of alts is becoming painful.   I will however continue to use addons like Tekkub's 'Friends with Benefits' (Link to www.wowinterface.com) as it allows me the privacy I require.

The email from Blizzard

Greetings UNKNOWN!

We noticed that you recently cancelled your World of Warcraft® subscription for account UNKNOWN. The comments you left with your cancellation mentioned the new policies we had announced for our official forums, so we wanted to make sure you were aware that we have changed some of our plans with regard to the forums and our in-game Real ID system as well.

One of Blizzard Entertainment’s core values is that Every Voice Matters, and feedback from players like you is what helps drive our direction and decisions. After considering your feedback and that of other members of our community, and weighing it against our goals for improving the forums, we ultimately decided not to move forward with the plan to require real names to be displayed when posting on the forums. Blizzard Entertainment CEO and Cofounder Mike Morhaime made the official announcement of this decision here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?
topicId=25968987278.


In addition to changing those plans, we have also listened to player feedback regarding the Real ID Friends-of-Friends feature. We understand that not everyone is comfortable being displayed on friends-of-friends lists in this fashion, so we are developing an option to allow players to opt out of this feature. The full announcement and FAQ can be found here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?
topicId=26137024221.


We hope that this will allay some of the concerns that led to your departure from World of Warcraft. Your characters are waiting for you, and you can renew your subscription at any time through Account Management at this link: http://us.battle.net/account.

If you have further questions or concerns, we’d love to hear from you. Simply e-mail realidfollowup@blizzard.com, and we’ll have a representative respond within 10 days.

Thank you for giving us this opportunity to talk—and best wishes to you!

Regards,

Customer Care & Loyalty Team
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.blizzard.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the blog mostly being inactive and the only comments recently being anonymous spam; I have restricted comments to "Registered Users"; hat includes anything google recognises as an account (google, openId, wordpress etc). I am still (mostly) active on foo-eve.blogspot.com

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

Disagreements are welcome - especially on speculative posts. I love a great disagreement.

I have a comment moderation policy (see the pages at the top)