What I am doing now

You are most likely here because you enjoy crafting. I have been reading up on some of the WoW issues regarding gold making, which make me realize that WoW is not the game for me.

If you want to play a game where gathering and crafting is the cornerstone of the economy, and are not faint of heart, I recommend EVE Online. EVE even has releases purely to support industry. You can play for free if you are good enough manufacturer or trader.

Be the builder in a villainous world.

My journey can be seen at http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au

For a 21 day free trial, click here (Disclaimer: I do get a bonus if you become a paid subscriber)

22 August 2010

In Aus, Minorities Rule (Politics)

I like my politics on the front page of the paper instead of in the back rooms of unknown buildings.
Australia Votes (ABC)
Both Labor and Liberal have run a campaign based around "Don't vote for them", being very light on policy.
  • Labor's (the previous goverment) campaign was based on forgetting about what they did last term, replacing their own Prime Minsiter to do so.
  • Liberal's campain was to stop the boat people (all 2000 of them).
  • At least we knew what the S-x Party stood for (I think).
Well, the voters have listened.  With compulsory voting they voted for the other guy, with 2 new independents (now we have 5), with what looks to be 72 seats to Labor and 73 to Liberal, and we probably won't know for 2 weeks.

My apologies for bringing real life politics to WoW.  I won't do it often, but election days are ... special.
You will hear terrible things about minority governments.  The worst of which is that politicians will listen to what people want.  You will hear more about politics and politicians than you ever did before.

The campaign for the next election starts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the blog mostly being inactive and the only comments recently being anonymous spam; I have restricted comments to "Registered Users"; hat includes anything google recognises as an account (google, openId, wordpress etc). I am still (mostly) active on foo-eve.blogspot.com

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

Disagreements are welcome - especially on speculative posts. I love a great disagreement.

I have a comment moderation policy (see the pages at the top)