What I am doing now

You are most likely here because you enjoy crafting. I have been reading up on some of the WoW issues regarding gold making, which make me realize that WoW is not the game for me.

If you want to play a game where gathering and crafting is the cornerstone of the economy, and are not faint of heart, I recommend EVE Online. EVE even has releases purely to support industry. You can play for free if you are good enough manufacturer or trader.

Be the builder in a villainous world.

My journey can be seen at http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au

For a 21 day free trial, click here (Disclaimer: I do get a bonus if you become a paid subscriber)

25 August 2012

MOP Raiding firsts

There are a set of players that are rushing towards dungeon and raiding firsts.  I won't be one of them.

They are competent raiders; have booked time off work/school (or simply call in sick);

They have at least some wealth; having sold valor purchased bind on equip gear; epic gems; and boe drops.

This release; they are going to have a whole week to level and do dungeons (again and again and again) and even grind out honor, to get the best gear they can before they start raiding in week to of MOP.  (I have read that raids will not be released until week 2).


These players will buy buffs; and spend what they need to.  Many of them will spend gold on BOE valor gear and save their valor points for BOP items.  They already know what gear and buffs they want; and are spending time raiding on the beta server.

Your preparation now is to find out who these players are; and ask them what they want.  If you don't already know who they are, look at http://www.wowprogress.com/ or similar sites and ask them what they need.

Keep an eye on the forums at elitist jerks for your class; looking at what gear; potions/elixirs/flasks; gems; enchants, food they are recommending; and learn those recipes.

They are gold rich and time poor.  Not as gold rich as those working on profession firsts; but good enough.  I will have profession specific advice in later posts, but you want to be selling to these guys; and to the wannabes that follow after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the blog mostly being inactive and the only comments recently being anonymous spam; I have restricted comments to "Registered Users"; hat includes anything google recognises as an account (google, openId, wordpress etc). I am still (mostly) active on foo-eve.blogspot.com

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

Disagreements are welcome - especially on speculative posts. I love a great disagreement.

I have a comment moderation policy (see the pages at the top)