What I am doing now

You are most likely here because you enjoy crafting. I have been reading up on some of the WoW issues regarding gold making, which make me realize that WoW is not the game for me.

If you want to play a game where gathering and crafting is the cornerstone of the economy, and are not faint of heart, I recommend EVE Online. EVE even has releases purely to support industry. You can play for free if you are good enough manufacturer or trader.

Be the builder in a villainous world.

My journey can be seen at http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au

For a 21 day free trial, click here (Disclaimer: I do get a bonus if you become a paid subscriber)

20 August 2012

MOP First weeks

Cataclysm is dying; We are now looking at getting those last tasks finished before MOP hits; those bosses (at whatever level of difficulty) down, achievements done; those unused alts and skills that leveled.  Those who are finished with their goals are AFK.


We are looking at the next patch.  There is a huge demand for information and speculation.  Anything I have written .  I have posted very intermittently and am still getting large numbers of hits.  New readers want to know about stockpiles, and what to do with skills.  I have a reading tracker on the bottom right of this page; and that doesn't include those who read entirely via RSS feeds or via sites like the undermine journal.


What I always intended to do; and am currently writing, is a series of posts about what to do for the first weeks of Mists.  I have already talked a bit about stockpiles, and they are important; but so is your plan for your first month.


Starting today, I have posts scheduled (1 per day for about a fortnight); for the dealing with the leadup to MOP, and the first weeks and months on:
  • Backups
  • Addons
  • Raiding firsts
  • Profession firsts
  • Cooks and anglers
  • Gathering
  • Tailors
  • Alchemists
  • Engineers
  • Jewelcrafting
  • Enchanting
  • Scribes (Inscription)
  • Leatherwork and Blacksmiths.
Some of the posts will contain the blessed obvious;  Other posts are bound to be controversial.  It will be most interesting when the posts that some consider obvious are exactly the same posts that others think are controversial.  My posts are a retrospective look at the end of Wrath and the start of Cataclysm




You will also read Kaliope's blog.  If it is not yet on your reading list, you are missing a crucial edge.  My advice will be historical; what worked and didn't for the start of Cataclysm.  Kaliope's is about what is going to happen.

The intention is for easy to write; useful posts and short (just like this one was going to be. Oh well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the blog mostly being inactive and the only comments recently being anonymous spam; I have restricted comments to "Registered Users"; hat includes anything google recognises as an account (google, openId, wordpress etc). I am still (mostly) active on foo-eve.blogspot.com

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

Disagreements are welcome - especially on speculative posts. I love a great disagreement.

I have a comment moderation policy (see the pages at the top)