What I am doing now

You are most likely here because you enjoy crafting. I have been reading up on some of the WoW issues regarding gold making, which make me realize that WoW is not the game for me.

If you want to play a game where gathering and crafting is the cornerstone of the economy, and are not faint of heart, I recommend EVE Online. EVE even has releases purely to support industry. You can play for free if you are good enough manufacturer or trader.

Be the builder in a villainous world.

My journey can be seen at http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au

For a 21 day free trial, click here (Disclaimer: I do get a bonus if you become a paid subscriber)

25 January 2010

Cooking

Now I know I'm more of a dungeon runner than any sort of profession grinder but hear this. Cooking is great! Level cooking you can get some nice "well fed" bonuses from it.

As a shaman healer and being incredibly lazy I got to 74 without even picking up cooking. Now I'm leveling it as fast as cash will allow.



Now with cooking there are some nice buffs you will need at different times, bosses, instance etc. I have found a rather nice sagefish recipe buff that gives passive mana regen, love passive mana regen. Its not overly far into cooking and gives 8 mana per 5 seconds for sitting and eating for 10 seconds (it might only last 15 minutes but I can afford the 10 seconds). Thats not a lot you mite say well consider that its 10 seconds for a "free" buff, you don't want it fine, but why not have all you can get?

Now while you level cooking you make a lot of left overs, keep it, send it to lower alts, sell it on Auction house, its all ways useful. Food buffs, giving anywhere from stamina to spirit to mana regen to spell power even strength and its a cheap (in terms of benefit to you and party) buff. So you've added 40 spell power, or 20 stamina or so on, and it took 10 seconds to get (times may vary). That is a welcome increase, remember its a buff its an additional stat increase and you cannot tell me thats not a good thing.

Now Foo loves his feasts, he stocks up before runs, and nearly force feeds that buff on you. This is good more people need to do it. Guild runs have feasts (mostly) and we have a decent number of cooks to do so this means we all run through with the best we can have and the rest is on us to use it. So go out and level it up on slow days or when your laden with extra gold (better than AH gear or enchants) and enjoy the buffs.

Egamad of Caelestraz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the blog mostly being inactive and the only comments recently being anonymous spam; I have restricted comments to "Registered Users"; hat includes anything google recognises as an account (google, openId, wordpress etc). I am still (mostly) active on foo-eve.blogspot.com

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

Disagreements are welcome - especially on speculative posts. I love a great disagreement.

I have a comment moderation policy (see the pages at the top)