Currently blizzard's only requirement for heroics is a gear score. Many dungeons train movement. I want Blizzard to design 5 man dungeons as training exercises for the way blizzard wants players to behave.
Good behaviour (CC, dont pull agro, tanks keeping agro) are rewarded. I want the heroic entry requirement to reflect 'good' choices.
When we see behavoiurs that we want to encourage, design dungeons with achievements to exercise those behaviours.
Personally, I want to encourage DPS to use their tank assisting abilities. So I create a new 5 man dungeon (normal for practice, heroic for the real deal).
This dungeon has an achievement at the end where:
- If the only toon to have agro for the whole dungeon is the tank
- 3 players do more boss damage than the tank
- No one dies
The dungeon makeup is:
Multiple add trash. If a DPS player pulls agro, then they are stunned for 10 seconds.
First boss : simple tank/spank, to help players feel comforatble.
Two waves of multiple mob trash that periodically stuns everyone - including themselves, mobs disburse, then reset agro. During the fight they wipe a buff from the player. Passive buffs If you have no buffs, then you remain stunned, taking extra damage untill you get at least one buff.
Second boss, with multiple add waves, and periodically resets agro.
Trash is 2 bats from Nax that heal each other if too close, but are CC'able or interuptable. These mobs do not agro on a player that CC's or interupt's them
Third boss has 2 phases : 1 normal/1 vehicle (similar to magmaw) :
* You may only enter the vehicle once per boss fight
* If you enter the vehicle and press an interupt button, you stun the boss and it takes extra damage
* If you do not interupt the boss, it instakills a random player.
* Designed so that initially all 5 players will need to enter the vehicle exactly once.
If you make the 'achievement', a chance at nice big shiny loot, plus a title for doing it 10 (or any arbritrary number) times.
The achievement rewards tanks for holding agro, rewards DPS for exercising all of their abilites, and largely ignores the healer.
Another gimick to reward good behaviour : A boss that incrementally removes a number of active buffs, and suspends passive buffs. If you have no buffs you are stunned and take damage.
I would also like to see a 'reward' for proper gear talents, gear selection, gemming and enchanting. Currently the dungeon finder says you can't queue heroics without a gear score. Personally I would prefer it to say you can't queue without :
- At least 1/3 of your gear being pve role appropriate
- You must have a tanking tree (and tanking talents for bears) to queue as tank (off spec talents are OK)
- You must have basic role appropriate gems and enchants on 1/3 your gear
- Have appropriate consumables in your bag - including at least 1 appropriate potion, 2 elixirs or 1 flask, and basic buff food.