What I am doing now

You are most likely here because you enjoy crafting. I have been reading up on some of the WoW issues regarding gold making, which make me realize that WoW is not the game for me.

If you want to play a game where gathering and crafting is the cornerstone of the economy, and are not faint of heart, I recommend EVE Online. EVE even has releases purely to support industry. You can play for free if you are good enough manufacturer or trader.

Be the builder in a villainous world.

My journey can be seen at http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au

For a 21 day free trial, click here (Disclaimer: I do get a bonus if you become a paid subscriber)

20 March 2011

Conclave of the four winds

In terms of raiding in WoW, the common consensus is "Do, or do not. There is no try.".  Apologies to Yoda, but I beg to differ.

Thanks to my guild members from Dark Prophecy, regulars from Death's Head Aux, and to our irregular friends from More Than Raids and Bandits, we have our revenge on the Conclave of Wind.

I have no real idea of how hard the fight is.  I know is that it was hard for us.  We all had a huge buzz from struggling and succeeding.  Far more than if we had one shot the boss.


I normally raid once a week.  Due to real life - last week I didn't raid at all. Achievements are not required. Attendance is casual.  If you need to leave, then you leave (even if some others lean harder than they are allowed to).  For two raiders, it was their first time stepping into the raid.  For almost all of us, it was the first time we 'completed' this encounter, with only one raider having completed it on another toon.

As a group, we wipe very well.  I contributed to more wipes than I care to remember, but have the consolation that I was not the only one.  However, each evening, and on most attempts we moved ever closer.  Dodging the wind-wall on

In Dark Prophecy we prefer Becket to Yoda.  Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the blog mostly being inactive and the only comments recently being anonymous spam; I have restricted comments to "Registered Users"; hat includes anything google recognises as an account (google, openId, wordpress etc). I am still (mostly) active on foo-eve.blogspot.com

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

Disagreements are welcome - especially on speculative posts. I love a great disagreement.

I have a comment moderation policy (see the pages at the top)