What I am doing now

You are most likely here because you enjoy crafting. I have been reading up on some of the WoW issues regarding gold making, which make me realize that WoW is not the game for me.

If you want to play a game where gathering and crafting is the cornerstone of the economy, and are not faint of heart, I recommend EVE Online. EVE even has releases purely to support industry. You can play for free if you are good enough manufacturer or trader.

Be the builder in a villainous world.

My journey can be seen at http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au

For a 21 day free trial, click here (Disclaimer: I do get a bonus if you become a paid subscriber)

29 June 2010

Make gold by brokerage - zero trade skills required

There is a guy in our guild who is doing really well at making gold. He has just hit 80, and has (so far) no tradeskills.

I have an inscriptionist, and make glyphs (have all the recipees). However, there are two parts to this that I dont enjoy; Milling inks and gathering mail. My guildy buys the herbs, gets them milled, and sends me the ink of the sea (which I pay for). I then turn the inks into glyphs, which he then posts for me and I pay him a cut for that too.

Finally, he gathers epic gems from a stable of alchemists, for which I pay a set price. By doing the running around and providing them with the mats, he gives them a small cut, and adds another large cut for himself before mailing the gems to me. I also would not be surprised to find him scanning the AH for gems that I am after.

By doing this, inside a fortnight - starting with as a (roughly) level 65 toon, he earnt nearly 8k in gold. Yes, If I had the time I could have been doing these things too, but I don't enjoy that part of the game, and he does. And he is really enjoying making gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the blog mostly being inactive and the only comments recently being anonymous spam; I have restricted comments to "Registered Users"; hat includes anything google recognises as an account (google, openId, wordpress etc). I am still (mostly) active on foo-eve.blogspot.com

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

Disagreements are welcome - especially on speculative posts. I love a great disagreement.

I have a comment moderation policy (see the pages at the top)