What I am doing now

You are most likely here because you enjoy crafting. I have been reading up on some of the WoW issues regarding gold making, which make me realize that WoW is not the game for me.

If you want to play a game where gathering and crafting is the cornerstone of the economy, and are not faint of heart, I recommend EVE Online. EVE even has releases purely to support industry. You can play for free if you are good enough manufacturer or trader.

Be the builder in a villainous world.

My journey can be seen at http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au

For a 21 day free trial, click here (Disclaimer: I do get a bonus if you become a paid subscriber)

22 February 2010

Using crafting to make money on the AH

www.wow.com/.../using-...to-make-gold-on-the-auction-house

I am in the process of writing up a gold making via crafting article, of which a large part was going to be using auctioneer and lil-sparky to determine how to use your crafting skill to make gold.  However, if someone has already written it, even better. The article above is about using these two addons to make gold using blacksmithing, with some specific advice for blacksmiths (feel free to ignore if not applicable).  However, the principle is the same for all crafting professions - including cooking:

  1. Scan the auction house.
  2. Use Lil-Sparky to see what sells for more than it costs.
  3. Get the mats.
  4. Craft a few and trickle feed your items onto the AH.
  5. If something sells - make more somethings.  If it sells alot - make alot. 
If you find that a raw material sells for a lot, and farming it would give you enough gold/hour, then by all means farm as your gold making method.
Farming is not free.  If you ever feel that farming time is free, I have a large list I would like you to farm for me - it shouldn't take you more that 24 hours a day.

Edit: blessed blog. I had "<" crafting ">"  in the heading, and it showed up fine in the preview, got droped in the posted topic.  Ah well.

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to be taking into consideration 3.3.3 changes to mining?
    I've covered it briefly in my blog post if you want to take a look.
    http://www.mmorpgguide.co.uk/patch-3-3-3-ptr-info-mining

    ReplyDelete

Due to the blog mostly being inactive and the only comments recently being anonymous spam; I have restricted comments to "Registered Users"; hat includes anything google recognises as an account (google, openId, wordpress etc). I am still (mostly) active on foo-eve.blogspot.com

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

Disagreements are welcome - especially on speculative posts. I love a great disagreement.

I have a comment moderation policy (see the pages at the top)