What I am doing now

You are most likely here because you enjoy crafting. I have been reading up on some of the WoW issues regarding gold making, which make me realize that WoW is not the game for me.

If you want to play a game where gathering and crafting is the cornerstone of the economy, and are not faint of heart, I recommend EVE Online. EVE even has releases purely to support industry. You can play for free if you are good enough manufacturer or trader.

Be the builder in a villainous world.

My journey can be seen at http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au

For a 21 day free trial, click here (Disclaimer: I do get a bonus if you become a paid subscriber)

16 July 2011

Only rich alts get Northrend epic gems

I have been selling Northrend Epic gems, for very large markups.  I am going to have to find additional sources of raw gems, because the AH is not keeping up.


I had convinced myself that only rich alts were buying these gems, as the cata rare gems essentially require cata gear, in turn (mostly) requiring level 80.

I looked at beancounter to determine who was using my gems
  • A level 70 toon that has my epic gems equipped.  Fantastic choice.
  • A level 85 toon that had cata rares equipped.  Let's assume he sent the gems to an alt - fair enough.
  • A level 84 toon with a mix of blue and green cata gear.  Umm.  Maybe a newbie.  I may have to in-game mail this toon.
  • A level 85, wearing 365 and even 384 gear; mostly PVP.  Equipping Northrend Epic gems.  Don't be this guy.  Just don't.
For the record, the stats are (mostly)

  • +40 for Cata rare gems
  • +30 for Cata uncommon gems
  • +20 for Northrend epic gems
  • +16 for Northrend rare gems
As of this post, our most expensive Cata gem (110g) is selling for less than the cheapest Northrend Epic gem (120g).  If you can wear a Cata gem, there is no reason to wear a Northrend one.

However it looks like some players see purple and think it must be great.  It is impolite to use the word for these players on a public blog.


Names have been withheld to protect the guilty

1 comment:

  1. I have been burning my surplus JP and HP on epic northrend gems. You can get them for 220 JP or 165 HP. Thats a conversion rate for JP around 1 JP = 1 gold (on my realm at least).
    Besiden that there's always icy prisms which has no cooldown now.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the blog mostly being inactive and the only comments recently being anonymous spam; I have restricted comments to "Registered Users"; hat includes anything google recognises as an account (google, openId, wordpress etc). I am still (mostly) active on foo-eve.blogspot.com

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

Disagreements are welcome - especially on speculative posts. I love a great disagreement.

I have a comment moderation policy (see the pages at the top)